Please let us know in advance if your building requires a Certificate of Insurance
- Label boxes “Fragile” or “This Side Up” according to its contents. All fragile items should be wrapped in bubble wrap and packaged with Styrofoam peanuts.
- Dedicate a box to essential work supplies or materials that you will need to access on the first day.
- Be aware that old boxes are not always strong enough to hold heavy items.
- Wrap items in bubble wrap and packing paper. (Note: Newspaper may leave black ink residue on items.)
- Get your packing supplies in advance. Make sure your boxes and furniture are protected for transit and ready to be loaded on the truck for a more efficient, cost and time-effective move.
- Label boxes clearly with the future rooms and offices where the boxes will be unpacked.
- Pack heavy items in small boxes and lighter items in larger boxes, if possible.
When it’s time to move, you’ll want to hire a mover that can provide cost-effective moving services with superior value. Big G Movers, INC. has very competitive rates, and you only pay for the time that you actually use. We have low hourly minimums and then we pro-rate time in half hour increments thereafter.
Here are some money saving tips:
- Eliminate unnecessary files and transfer hard copy files to a digital medium if possible. Consider donating unwanted office furniture and supplies to charity.
- File a change of address form at the post office to have your mail forwarded to your new location and notify clients that your office is moving.
- Have all employees remove their items from the refrigerator.
- Create a folder for all moving related records and documents for easy access to payment records and other information you may need.
- Verify freight elevator hours and inquire about special documentation for professional movers with building management.